"A ship under sail and a big-bellied woman are the handsomest two things that can be seen." - Benjamin Franklin
I mean, in case there was any doubt, good ol' Ben cleared the air for us! I've started reading my first pregnancy book, Mommy IQ, by Rosie Pope. I figured it's about time, as I'm now about 4 months into this journey. At the beginning of each new chapter, there are a couple of quotes about pregnancy. One is typically from someone important (e.g., Ben Franklin), while the other is usually from someone, um, less important (like Snooki). So this quote came from that book. I like it.
Since updating this blog a few important things have happened: the soon-to-be nursery got a nice coat of paint and the guest bed was decked out, we put up Christmas lights outside, we took an 18 week belly picture, and, for the first time, I felt little Butterbean fluttering about!
So let's start with the nursery. The walls are no longer that lovely dark tan/brown color, but instead, a calming light grey (Sherwin Williams, March Wind). You'll see this in the belly picture. My mother-in-law came up and spent the week fixing up the nursery and organizing our garage. The guest bed in the nursery also has some snazzy new linens, but I'm going to wait to take pictures of that until the crib comes! That's right, we've ordered a crib! Should be in this week!! So, if you can all forgive me and wait a few days, I'll have some pictures of the nursery up! But believe me, it's awesome!
This weekend the weather was ridiculously nice. I mean Sunday, we were up around 60 degrees!! I decided to take advantage of that and put up my Christmas lights outside. I did this partially because our neighbor's son keeps asking Paul why our lights aren't up yet, but mostly because I am a 6-year old at heart and LOVE decorating for Christmas! So here are a few pictures of what is up so far. I plan on adding more and getting more festive after Thanksgiving.
This is off our back deck. I put up white lights around the railing. Straight back is the pond. One of our neighbors has put lights on the trees around the pond, which I'm hoping he'll turn on after Thanksgiving, so it'll look like a Christmas Wonderland!
This is our front entrance. Red lights down the columns, with white icicles around the top. I need to cut down the tall grasses in front, but we don't have large hedge clippers. I will be going to Lowe's on Wednesday to take care of this. The icicles are brand new, so they're not quite dangling yet, but Paul assures me gravity will take care of this. I will also be taking down the fall wreath and adding a Christmas wreath soon enough.
The inside of the house will get decorated on Wednesday. I also will probably add more outside! On Friday, we will be going to get our Christmas tree! I'm so excited I can barely breathe.
Since the last post, we also took our 18-week belly picture...
Is Baby D a boy or a girl?!?!?!?! Tomorrow we go to the doctor for the ultrasound!!!! We're having the doctor write it down and put it in an envelope. We will then head straight to our neighbor who is a baker, and give her the envelope. She is making us a cake, dying the inside blue or pink. We will be cutting the cake at Thanksgiving dinner with our grad school family. Some people have suggested this seems like an awful lot of work, but my response to them is this is really nothing compared to the work of having a baby. I can wait an extra two days to find out in a more memorable way than just sitting in a cold doctor's office.
I love Thanksgiving, I mean, what's not to love? Amazing food, amazing friends and family, Christmas season officially starts, and now, Thanksgiving will be the day we find out if we are having a little baby boy or a little baby girl! This is going to be the LONGEST week EVER!
Now, onto equally exciting news. The other night I was driving home from coaching, listening to Band Aid's "Do They Know it's Christmastime," singing passionately (obviously), when I felt something in my stomach. At first I just assumed it was normal stomach things, but that didn't seem right. It felt different. Like nothing I had felt before. Apparently, our little Butterbean likes Christmas music as much as I do!!! (On a side note, I am fully aware of the subtle racism in this song, but man is that tune catchy. In fact, if you haven't heard the song, or just need to hear it again, because, well, who doesn't, here it is: Do They Know it's Christmastime. I especially like when they cut to Sting, singing "the bitter sting of tears." Nothing says "Christmas" like "the clanging chimes of doom.")
Next time I post I will be (hopefully) uploading a video of us cutting our gender reveal cake!!! Only 3 more days!!!
I mean, in case there was any doubt, good ol' Ben cleared the air for us! I've started reading my first pregnancy book, Mommy IQ, by Rosie Pope. I figured it's about time, as I'm now about 4 months into this journey. At the beginning of each new chapter, there are a couple of quotes about pregnancy. One is typically from someone important (e.g., Ben Franklin), while the other is usually from someone, um, less important (like Snooki). So this quote came from that book. I like it.
Since updating this blog a few important things have happened: the soon-to-be nursery got a nice coat of paint and the guest bed was decked out, we put up Christmas lights outside, we took an 18 week belly picture, and, for the first time, I felt little Butterbean fluttering about!
So let's start with the nursery. The walls are no longer that lovely dark tan/brown color, but instead, a calming light grey (Sherwin Williams, March Wind). You'll see this in the belly picture. My mother-in-law came up and spent the week fixing up the nursery and organizing our garage. The guest bed in the nursery also has some snazzy new linens, but I'm going to wait to take pictures of that until the crib comes! That's right, we've ordered a crib! Should be in this week!! So, if you can all forgive me and wait a few days, I'll have some pictures of the nursery up! But believe me, it's awesome!
This weekend the weather was ridiculously nice. I mean Sunday, we were up around 60 degrees!! I decided to take advantage of that and put up my Christmas lights outside. I did this partially because our neighbor's son keeps asking Paul why our lights aren't up yet, but mostly because I am a 6-year old at heart and LOVE decorating for Christmas! So here are a few pictures of what is up so far. I plan on adding more and getting more festive after Thanksgiving.
This is off our back deck. I put up white lights around the railing. Straight back is the pond. One of our neighbors has put lights on the trees around the pond, which I'm hoping he'll turn on after Thanksgiving, so it'll look like a Christmas Wonderland!
This is our front entrance. Red lights down the columns, with white icicles around the top. I need to cut down the tall grasses in front, but we don't have large hedge clippers. I will be going to Lowe's on Wednesday to take care of this. The icicles are brand new, so they're not quite dangling yet, but Paul assures me gravity will take care of this. I will also be taking down the fall wreath and adding a Christmas wreath soon enough.
The inside of the house will get decorated on Wednesday. I also will probably add more outside! On Friday, we will be going to get our Christmas tree! I'm so excited I can barely breathe.
Since the last post, we also took our 18-week belly picture...
Is Baby D a boy or a girl?!?!?!?! Tomorrow we go to the doctor for the ultrasound!!!! We're having the doctor write it down and put it in an envelope. We will then head straight to our neighbor who is a baker, and give her the envelope. She is making us a cake, dying the inside blue or pink. We will be cutting the cake at Thanksgiving dinner with our grad school family. Some people have suggested this seems like an awful lot of work, but my response to them is this is really nothing compared to the work of having a baby. I can wait an extra two days to find out in a more memorable way than just sitting in a cold doctor's office.
I love Thanksgiving, I mean, what's not to love? Amazing food, amazing friends and family, Christmas season officially starts, and now, Thanksgiving will be the day we find out if we are having a little baby boy or a little baby girl! This is going to be the LONGEST week EVER!
Now, onto equally exciting news. The other night I was driving home from coaching, listening to Band Aid's "Do They Know it's Christmastime," singing passionately (obviously), when I felt something in my stomach. At first I just assumed it was normal stomach things, but that didn't seem right. It felt different. Like nothing I had felt before. Apparently, our little Butterbean likes Christmas music as much as I do!!! (On a side note, I am fully aware of the subtle racism in this song, but man is that tune catchy. In fact, if you haven't heard the song, or just need to hear it again, because, well, who doesn't, here it is: Do They Know it's Christmastime. I especially like when they cut to Sting, singing "the bitter sting of tears." Nothing says "Christmas" like "the clanging chimes of doom.")
Next time I post I will be (hopefully) uploading a video of us cutting our gender reveal cake!!! Only 3 more days!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment