Tuesday, December 11, 2012

8 years

This week sure is taking its sweet time... It's so hard to be patient when I know in just a few short days we'll be packing up and heading South for Christmas! I can almost taste my Nanny's chipped beef and gravy!
I wanted to take a minute today to post, because 8 years ago today, Paul and I went on our first date! So, it's kinda where this whole thing got started!

I'm sure there are earlier pictures of us together, but this is the first one I have on my computer, so we'll just start here. Here we are before prom senior year. Just a couple of 18 year olds. Lookin' fly, per usual.

Paul and I were in Government and Statistics classes together senior year. I feel like we may have had earlier classes together, but they clearly didn't leave much of an imprint. Anyway, senior year started and we had pretty much the greatest Stats class ever (not just because I officially met my husband). I'm not going to go through the step-by-step process of how we began dating, but let's just say it took a couple of tries, after somebody cancelled on me. (No, I'm not still bitter). It was worth the wait.

One summer, after dating for 4 1/2 years, Paul proposed on the beach at Topsail Island, NC. It was perfect. It was during a family vacation, so my family was there, which made it even more special. (That's my niece in the picture, apparently dancing around the beach.) I was actually caught completely off-guard, but looking back, I feel like I should have been more aware of this. I really am oblivious. This picture was taken moments after I said, "YES!"



9 months later, we got married just down the beach from where he proposed. Here are just a few pictures from our wedding day. The day was perfect, which is pretty impressive for an outdoor wedding. You're really begging for disaster when you plan a wedding on the beach. Especially a beach that is a barrier island, known for getting hit hard by storms. The reception was a blast. Really, I can't even begin to describe how much fun we had. Hopefully everyone else enjoyed themselves as well. Seriously though, how can you not have fun at the beach?!

And here we are today, getting ready to welcome our first child into the world. I couldn't be more excited to be sharing this moment with the love of my life. I hope you all enjoyed that trip down memory lane. I know I did. Don't worry, I won't leave you hanging. Here's this week's belly picture!
That's right, Baby Girl is about 10 inches long and weighs almost a whole pound! I myself am up about 11 pounds. Apparently that's on track, or so they tell me. We'll be heading to the doctor's office on Thursday to listen to her heartbeat and measure my belly. So much fun.

You may have noticed this picture is not cropped like normal. I wanted to give a look at how these pictures normally go. Layla is a little uneasy. We're lucky she's here to keep an eye on things for us.

That's it for now! Next post will probably be from RICHMOND!!!!! <3 RVA


1 comment:

  1. I have to say -- your posts are spectacularly good, Jamie.

    I'm curious as to why you need a sentry for the weekly photo shoot, though.

    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete