Sunday, February 10, 2013

30 weeks! Plus, an artichoke dip recipe!

Here we are, 3/4 of the way through the pregnancy! Only 10 weeks until Baby Girl's due date. Almost time to start packing a hospital bag! Oh good gracious, that's terrifying. Apparently around this time, it's fairly common to start feeling the baby move a little less. At this point, she is getting bigger, with not a lot of room to move around. I only mention that because for me it was pretty terrifying when I realized she was less active than before. After talking to other women who are pregnant, I found it is pretty common, and completely normal. Don't worry, Baby Girl is still moving around more than enough to be healthy! Luckily, Mama is only a phone call away to ease my fears!

Anyway, onto other things. The other night we had a progressive dinner with our graduate department here. For those who do not know, a progressive dinner is when the dinner moves from house-to-house for each course. Appetizers were at one house, followed by dinner at another, and then finally dessert at the last house. Luckily, we have a lot of great cooks in our department! We also have quite a few international students, which has allowed me to try some different things!

I helped by making an appetizer. I found a recipe on Pinterest for a Cheesy Baked Artichoke Dip. It turned out pretty good! I'll include the recipe here, to break up the monotony of me blabbing away...

Cheesy Baked Artichoke Dip

Ingredients

1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (packed) grated Parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sour cream
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch of salt
2 14-ounce can artichoke hearts packed in water, well drained, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 cup Italian cheese blend

Preparation

Combine 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, pepper, onion salt, and garlic powder in medium bowl. Stir in chopped artichoke hearts. Transfer mixture to baking dish. Sprinkle dip with remaining 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, Italian cheese and paprika. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Bake dip until heated through, about 25 minutes (about 35 minutes if chilled). Preheat broiler. Broil until cheese melts, about 2-3 minutes. 

If you want to make this dip ahead of time, just stop after you've mixed in the artichoke hearts and put it in the fridge! The next day, you can finish it off.

I served this with those saltine crackers you bake with ranch dressing seasoning and red pepper flakes. Delicious. Could also serve it with pita chips or baguette pieces. Or really, whatever else your little heart desires. Next time I may add red pepper flakes to the dip itself for a little added heat. Or just serve with some hot sauce! But that's just me ...

Today we ran in a 5K on campus. The temperature actually got up to mid-30's today!! Of course, it was still pretty grey and dismal outside. But running wasn't too bad, temperature-wise. Baby girl has decided, however, I am not to do anymore running. A mile into the race I started experiencing some tightness and cramping in my abdomen. By mile 2, I had to walk. I think she just weighs too much at this point. I guess being able to run for 7 months of my pregnancy is enough! I'll stick to walking and the stationary bike from here on out!

And now... the "belly" picture!


All dressed up with my Valentine's Day socks for the Heartthrob 5K! 

Layla was here to help out with the picture this week! Went to the doctor's this past week; I'm up about 26 pounds. I don't get used to seeing the number on the scale go up so high... I'm also measuring at 31 weeks, so maybe Baby Girl will grace us with her presence a little early! (Hey, one can dream!)

Layla can be so sweet sometimes. She occasionally likes to hug her sister. Although I'm not sure she actually knows her sister's in there, I think she just likes the added "fluff" to cuddle!

That's it for this week! If you try the dip, I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment