Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Why I blog...

I didn't intend to write another post before our little girl arrived, but I was so struck by the support we received yesterday I felt compelled to write a little something.

We originally started this blog as a way to keep in touch with our friends and family back home as we journey through this pregnancy and our everyday lives. It has turned into so much more than that for me. I have had the opportunity to share my story with others and received feedback from some, that this has helped them! I also have "met" some pretty amazing women out there through the blogging world.

Yesterday, I posted an update that Paul and I had decided to go along with the induction, bringing our Baby Girl into this world very soon! This was a very difficult decision for us, one that was not entered into without thought. We discussed our options at length, just the two of us, then again with our doctor. Our doctor, who had originally been very supportive and receptive to our want of a natural birth, expressed her concern with waiting much longer, and in the end, we had to go with her advice.

There was some push back from people who don't believe inductions to be the best option, but for the most part, we felt overwhelmed by the love and support we were given from everyone. I wanted to take a minute to THANK everyone who commented, texted, messaged, emailed, etc. me yesterday with words of encouragement and their own successful induction stories. I will never be able to express how much your support has meant to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment