My kid is 11 months old. (11 months and 4 days actually.) I have no idea where the time went. I mean people say it goes by quickly, and they're right, and you know that. (And them saying it, is the farthest thing from helpful and the closest thing to annoying.) Still, even knowing how quickly it all passes doesn't really prepare you for it. In less than one month, I will have a 1-year-old. (And yes, I will still dress her to match me.)
Emily is crawling everywhere and pulling up on everything. She wants to walk so badly, but doesn't really know how to, so that results in her sitting in a downward-facing dog pose for much of the day. She can get where she needs to go by crawling, but she'd rather stand. Obstinate, headstrong girl. (Side note: if you know where that quote is from, we can be best friends now.)
The first day we tried to get her 11-month pictures, she was far too busy to put up with my nonsense.
She's saying all sorts of things, though very little of it are actually words. She still rambles off "dadadada," but we're not sure how often she's saying it in reference to her Daddy. She also continues to say "mama," which I think is more often being used when she's talking to me or about me, but I hesitate to believe she has associated meaning with that either. The good news is she is well aware of who "ayla" (Layla) is. At least she has her priorities straight.
On a mission, no time to doddle.
Quite possible the cutest thing ever, Emily now loves to play patty-cake. She will clap her hands and attempt to "roll it up," and this just makes her so happy. Her Nia (my mom) initially introduced her to patty-cake, and her teachers at the daycare have since practiced with her. Now, she's basically an expert.
Layla was confused why Emily wouldn't stay on the blanket for picture time. She offered to help.
Speaking of daycare, Em apparently has a boyfriend at daycare! I shouldn't be too surprised, she is, after all, her mother's daughter. Her father on the other hand is looking for his gun. I kid. But he did get super-overprotected-dad-like with his reaction, which was all kinds of adorable. Anyway, there's apparently a little boy in her class who also loves to give kisses. The teachers have to keep an eye on them now!
Here we go. A nice 11-month picture. Looking way too grown up!
Not too sure of her 11-month stats. When we went to the doctor for her follow-up appointment after her ear infection she was closing in on 22 pounds. She had lost about 6 ounces while she was sick, but she's bouncing back! We'll get all of her weight and height measurements when we go back to the doctor's office in 4 weeks for her 1-YEAR CHECK UP!
This weekend Emily will get some 1-year pictures taken by the photographer who did our Christmas pictures. Then next weekend Emily and I are traveling home to Virginia for an annual 10K and will get to see a lot of family. And 2 weeks later, both sets of grandparents will be heading up to Michigan for Emily's 1st birthday party! Now, just bring on some warmer weather!


No comments:
Post a Comment