Tuesday, October 9, 2012

"We're" Pregnant!!

The news is out! Paul and I are expecting our first little one, due to grace us with his/her presence around April 21, 2013! Layla even helped us announce the news. (Bandana from Etsy: Glamour Dog Boutique)

She seems to be overly excited about the whole thing. And by overly excited, I mean she has no idea anything is changing. Man, is she in for quite the surprise.

So far this pregnancy has gone fairly smoothly (much to my sister's dismay). In my defense, I feel like I have been training for this all through college.


I'm sure my parents have never been more proud.

Because we've been keeping this whole thing kind of hush-hush, there's a lot to update everyone on. We've been taking "belly" pictures every two weeks since about 8 weeks, so you will now be bombarded with them here. Enjoy.


Here I am at 8 weeks. No real "belly," if anything just one too many tacos. At this point all I wanted was Taco Bell and broccoli and cheddar soup from Panera.


And this is at 10 weeks. Maybe a little bump, but again, probably mostly the tacos... This was taken the second day of fall, so naturally I had been listening to Christmas music all morning and followed it up with a decaf s'mores latte from Biggby.

The day after the above picture was taken, we went to see the doctor again and got an ultrasound done. So here's baby. Who we sometimes affectionately refer to as "Butterbean." I could not get enough of those things at the beginning. Literally, on more than one occasion my dinner was a can of butterbeans.



Baby, "Butterbean," did a lot of punching and kicking during this. We got to hear the heartbeat this day, too. A very healthy 160 BPM. Also, after talking to my doctor this day, she informed me I could, in fact, still shoot guns while pregnant. This news will come in handy in 2 weeks when we make our way down to Paul's family farm.

I was in Atlanta for a conference this past week, and we were lucky enough to go to the Braves' game. So yes, we were there when the fans were going crazy and throwing all sorts of trash on the field. Despite this, I was pleased Baby's first baseball game could be a Braves' game, and Chipper's last game at that. (This is still a point of emotion for me, I'd rather not talk about the fact that Larry "Chipper" Jones will not be playing for the Braves anymore.) And yes, that is #10 painted on my face. I also ate Dippin' Dots out of a miniature helmet. I am 12.

And finally, here we are at 12 weeks. Starting to get a "belly," however, I feel like I just look fat. Also, we're under the "200 days left" mark, as denoted by the countdown to margaritas!

So that's it for now! I'll try to stay on top of this thing this time. Perhaps Paul can even make a guest appearance or two on here.


4 comments:

  1. You're my favorite! Love the chalk board posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, this is great! Please keep us updated through out the upcoming months. It's the next best thing to having your home. You look fabulous, darling! We love you both!!! See you soon! Love u, Nanny & Poppa xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What?! You're pregnant?!!! I thought that was a joke.
    Besides, Lindsay says you're too young to be pregnant because you're only 12 ... which, actually, you've confirmed here. By the way, you realize you guys used to see Chipper at The Diamond 19 YEARS AGO?

    Sorry that, because of AWT, we won't see you at the Annual Deitrick Guns & Grits Festival. Have fun. STAY SAFE! (There's the one I don't entirely trust. You know which one.)

    Love you both, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! We announced with our dog too!!

    ReplyDelete