I know it's been a little while since I've posted! Classes started back this past week and things have been pretty hectic to say the least! But here I am again, hoping to entertain you once more. I thought for this post I'd show y'all a few of the bigger things we got from the baby showers/Christmas, now that we have them all set up! So here goes!
Starting from the top left...
This is the Tiny Love 3-in-1 Rocker Napper. I'm kind of fascinated by this thing. It is set up in our bedroom for Baby Girl to sleep in the first few weeks. Here it's pictured in the bassinet position. It was easy enough to assemble, and the mattress pad comes out pretty easily to wash it. It rocks slightly and also has a vibration setting (which we haven't tried yet), and an awesome toy attached. It can then sit up a little bit, or even further, for playtime! It's small enough so it fits nicely in our room next to the bed, which should cut down on me having to stumble down the hall (past the stairs) to the nursery in the middle of the night. So while we have no real reviews based on use, I think this thing is pretty cool and I'm pretty pumped to try it!
Moving clockwise, this is the Fisher-Price High Chair we got. We wanted one that would just sit in the chair because we have a counter-height table and I was worried about a traditional high chair being tall enough. (I was also too lazy to take some measurements and figure that out.) Plus, this takes up less space, which is another bonus. This is one of the few things we didn't get in a gender neutral pattern, but honestly, I didn't really like a lot of the other ones Target had to offer. So yeah, it's a high chair, not a lot to say about that.
This is the Graco Trekko jogging stroller. My parents got this for us for Christmas. From what I can tell, I'm going to like this thing. It seems pretty durable, but it's also not too heavy. I love that it's all black, making it gender neutral and also not obnoxious when I'm running in public. It also can fit Graco carseats, which is what we have, so we could potentially put her infant carseat in here as well. The seat also reclines. It has a basket underneath, which I guess is good if you use it for things other than jogging. The canopy comes down and you can pretty much cover the baby. There's also a little window on the top of the canopy, so you can see the baby. Collapses pretty easily (once you figure out what you're doing and stop cussing at it). I will say though, Graco has some of the WORST assembly directions of all the brands we've gotten.
And finally, the Graco Duo 2-in-1 Swing Bouncer. As you can tell, we're big on the multitasking gear for our baby. This can be a swing for baby, or, you can unhook the seat and sit it on the ground for a traditional bouncer. It's nice enough, and it fits in the office. So, while Paul and I are doing work, Baby Girl can sit in her bouncer or her swing. I hear it's not uncommon for babies to not like swings, so this may not work out. Hey, but at least we've still got the bouncer portion!
We've ordered a dresser for the nursery, which I think will come in later this week. I'm hoping to finish getting the nursery set up. Right now it's kind of a disaster zone with all the stuff we got from the baby showers just haphazardly strewn about the room. We also got a little bookshelf thing for in the closet for added storage. Once I get the nursery a little more presentable and the dresser is in, I'll take some more pictures and show y'all that.
Until then, here is this week's "belly" picture!
I apologize for looking a little rough here. Well, more than a little rough. But I had just returned from a run, so this is what you get. I could've showered and made myself presentable, but after seeing how cute Layla looked in this picture, that was no longer an option. I mean, c'mon, look at her! She's totally posing!
Anyway, we're only about 3 months out from Baby Girl's due date. That is terrifying. This past week I went to the doctor's office and had my gestational diabetes test. This is the one where they make you drink the really sweet drink, then hang around for an hour before they draw your blood. I kept hearing how terrible this test was, and other than it being a pain in the ass to wait around that long, it really wasn't so bad. The drink tasted like sweet orange soda. I mean my Nanny's sweet tea is sweeter than that stuff! The visit went well. I don't have any concerns about having gestational diabetes, but I guess I'll know for sure next week. Also, I'm up about 17 pounds at this point.
In case you're wondering, Baby Girl is a little over a foot long at this point and weighs almost 2 pounds. So, if you're wondering what that would be like, according to all of the pregnancy apps I have, it's somewhere between an eggplant and a head of lettuce. Which are both terrible descriptions, because they both vary in size so much. Instead, I like to think of Baby Girl as being about the size of a 13 inch Italian sub from PennStation. And now I'm hungry.
Alright, that's it for now. I'll be back in about a week with more updates!
Starting from the top left...
This is the Tiny Love 3-in-1 Rocker Napper. I'm kind of fascinated by this thing. It is set up in our bedroom for Baby Girl to sleep in the first few weeks. Here it's pictured in the bassinet position. It was easy enough to assemble, and the mattress pad comes out pretty easily to wash it. It rocks slightly and also has a vibration setting (which we haven't tried yet), and an awesome toy attached. It can then sit up a little bit, or even further, for playtime! It's small enough so it fits nicely in our room next to the bed, which should cut down on me having to stumble down the hall (past the stairs) to the nursery in the middle of the night. So while we have no real reviews based on use, I think this thing is pretty cool and I'm pretty pumped to try it!
Moving clockwise, this is the Fisher-Price High Chair we got. We wanted one that would just sit in the chair because we have a counter-height table and I was worried about a traditional high chair being tall enough. (I was also too lazy to take some measurements and figure that out.) Plus, this takes up less space, which is another bonus. This is one of the few things we didn't get in a gender neutral pattern, but honestly, I didn't really like a lot of the other ones Target had to offer. So yeah, it's a high chair, not a lot to say about that.
This is the Graco Trekko jogging stroller. My parents got this for us for Christmas. From what I can tell, I'm going to like this thing. It seems pretty durable, but it's also not too heavy. I love that it's all black, making it gender neutral and also not obnoxious when I'm running in public. It also can fit Graco carseats, which is what we have, so we could potentially put her infant carseat in here as well. The seat also reclines. It has a basket underneath, which I guess is good if you use it for things other than jogging. The canopy comes down and you can pretty much cover the baby. There's also a little window on the top of the canopy, so you can see the baby. Collapses pretty easily (once you figure out what you're doing and stop cussing at it). I will say though, Graco has some of the WORST assembly directions of all the brands we've gotten.
And finally, the Graco Duo 2-in-1 Swing Bouncer. As you can tell, we're big on the multitasking gear for our baby. This can be a swing for baby, or, you can unhook the seat and sit it on the ground for a traditional bouncer. It's nice enough, and it fits in the office. So, while Paul and I are doing work, Baby Girl can sit in her bouncer or her swing. I hear it's not uncommon for babies to not like swings, so this may not work out. Hey, but at least we've still got the bouncer portion!
We've ordered a dresser for the nursery, which I think will come in later this week. I'm hoping to finish getting the nursery set up. Right now it's kind of a disaster zone with all the stuff we got from the baby showers just haphazardly strewn about the room. We also got a little bookshelf thing for in the closet for added storage. Once I get the nursery a little more presentable and the dresser is in, I'll take some more pictures and show y'all that.
Until then, here is this week's "belly" picture!
I apologize for looking a little rough here. Well, more than a little rough. But I had just returned from a run, so this is what you get. I could've showered and made myself presentable, but after seeing how cute Layla looked in this picture, that was no longer an option. I mean, c'mon, look at her! She's totally posing!
Anyway, we're only about 3 months out from Baby Girl's due date. That is terrifying. This past week I went to the doctor's office and had my gestational diabetes test. This is the one where they make you drink the really sweet drink, then hang around for an hour before they draw your blood. I kept hearing how terrible this test was, and other than it being a pain in the ass to wait around that long, it really wasn't so bad. The drink tasted like sweet orange soda. I mean my Nanny's sweet tea is sweeter than that stuff! The visit went well. I don't have any concerns about having gestational diabetes, but I guess I'll know for sure next week. Also, I'm up about 17 pounds at this point.
In case you're wondering, Baby Girl is a little over a foot long at this point and weighs almost 2 pounds. So, if you're wondering what that would be like, according to all of the pregnancy apps I have, it's somewhere between an eggplant and a head of lettuce. Which are both terrible descriptions, because they both vary in size so much. Instead, I like to think of Baby Girl as being about the size of a 13 inch Italian sub from PennStation. And now I'm hungry.
Alright, that's it for now. I'll be back in about a week with more updates!

Last trimester AND lots of gifts. Looks like this is going to happen. (But I'll know you've actually had a child when you stop saying "ass.")
ReplyDeleteYou sure Layla's not just keeping an eye on the photographer? My guess is she finds his activities concerning, despite his years of trying to fool her into complacency.
Love,
Dad