Saturday, January 26, 2013

The final countdown...

Well hello there third trimester. So glad you could make it...

Now that I'm officially in my third trimester, I'm beginning to realize this whole thing is inevitable and will be happening pretty soon. It's exciting, but absolutely terrifying. I think Layla is the most shaken up about it.

Yesterday we went and had a 3D/4D ultrasound. Luckily, our doctor's office does these in-house for a small fee, so we didn't have to go to a different location or anything. These things are pretty cool. It allows you to see your baby in much more detail, making everything much more real. When we saw our little baby, it was startling to me how much she now looks like, well, a baby! It seems like just yesterday she looked like a little butterbean up on the screen! Now we can actually make out body parts (without the ultrasound tech telling us what is an arm or a leg...) and facial features. Plus, because we haven't seen our little girl since right before Thanksgiving, it was great to get to see her again!

At the end of it, we were given a CD full of about 50 images. Many of them are very similar, but here are some of our favorites!

 Here's her little foot she likes to kick me with.

 Big yawn. Someone was tired after being awake all night.

 Sweet baby with the chubbiest cheeks in the world.

She quickly got tired of us taking her picture and covered her face.

With these ultrasounds, it's kind of up to the baby how good the pictures are. Our little butterbean insisted on keeping her hands up around her face, so it was harder to get great shots of her. Also, because she was sleeping at the time, we saw less movement than some other people may get. But, all around, I would totally recommend getting this done if it's available and accessible. Like I said, there is a fee involved because insurance doesn't typically cover these, but it was worth it for us!

And now for this week's belly picture!

Here we are at 28 weeks. That means in about 12 weeks, I'll get to see those ridiculously chubby cheeks in person. That's insane. 




And now we're off to the MSU-PSU hockey game! Go Green!

2 comments:

  1. She's BEAUTIFUL!!! Love those chubby cheeks!!
    Love you guys.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photos. Wow. Amazing detail. Nothing like that was available when you were born ... back in the Dark Ages.

    As always, loved the blog ... all except the very last word this time.

    Oh, well. Guess I love you, two, anyway.

    You three!

    All right, Layla, you four.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete