Over the past week or so, we've worked more on potty training, gone shopping, gone to a birthday party, and started preparing for DISNEY!! So, here's a recap of events...
Potty training is going mostly well. We still put Em in a diaper when she's sleeping (both at nap and at night) because she will not wake up to go, nor will she get out of bed when no one is in the room (which I'm totally on board with). However, I think we may have to forego the diaper at nap here soon, as she seems to have figured that out, and waits to use the bathroom in her diaper at nap. Otherwise, she's doing really well, barely having any accidents (knock on wood).
We have even ventured out a time or two. Here we went to the mall to get her friend a birthday present (not from Sephora; that was for me).
After dinner, we got some ice cream, because, why the hell not? Side note: I love Paul's face here.
We went to one of those inflatable places for Emily's friend's birthday party. Emily was very tentative at first. It is a bit overwhelming. As a parent, this place is incredibly stressful for me. There's no delineation of ages/sizes, so in one bounce area, there may be a 2 year old and a 6 year old haphazardly throwing their bodies around. It's pure chaos.
Going down the little slide - she liked this one.
After a while, Em warmed up, and by the end, didn't want to leave!
Em's daycare was closed on Monday this week for staff training, so I stayed home and hung out with her. She helped me go grocery shopping. And by "helped" I mean she ate her Starbucks cake pop and then threw things in the cart. She actually was pretty good while we shopped, it just took me 3 times as long as it normally does.
Eating her cake pop, throwing shade.
So, pregnancy update! I'm 25 weeks now. I gained 4 pounds in between doctor's visits, so about a pound a week. I think I'm up a total of 15-20 pounds or so. Ryan Andrew seems to have made himself comfortable resting on my sciatic nerve, which is hideously uncomfortable. I'll be sure to hang that over his head for the rest of his life. He has been kicking a lot more, recently, and especially gets going when his sister is talking nearby. Emily has been ridiculously adorable, giving him lots of hugs and kisses and telling him she loves him "so much." Enjoying it now, who knows how she'll react when he's actually here.
I've still been running and doing yoga on the weekends. It seems to give me more energy for the rest of the week. At my next appointment I have my gestational diabetes test. My doctor actually sent me home with the glucose drink; I just drink it 45 minutes before my appointment, so I don't have to sit in the office for an hour. I like that.
A couple of belly pictures: at the gym and after eating a hot fudge brownie sundae. You know, balance.
I'm trying to remember to take more belly pictures. Don't want to start that whole "we have more pictures of your sister because she was our first" thing too soon. Plus, Emily likes posing with the weeks sign.
25 weeks; only 15 weeks to go!
Saturday we leave for sunny Florida! Which is definitely needed after the pretty awful weather we've been having here. Sunday I "run" the Disney Princess Half Marathon and then Sunday and Monday we will spend our days at Magic Kingdom. When we get back, I'll update with lots of pictures!








um you're back. where are the pictures?! I'm not on facebook
ReplyDeleteum you're back. where are the pictures?! I'm not on facebook
ReplyDelete