Over the past couple of weeks, we've had some big changes! Emily is ditching diapers during the day (still wearing them overnight) and doing really well! We had tried once previously, but she struggled a bit and was clearly anxious over it, so we didn't push it. We also wanted to wait until we weren't traveling every other weekend, because driving 6 hours to VA while potty training didn't sound appealing. I'm glad we waited. It made it so much easier (so far!) waiting until she was ready and understood what was happening. I know there's a big push to do it earlier and earlier, but for us, that didn't seem like a good move.
To get out of the house, we sometimes head to the mall to play in the indoor play area and then have dinner out. It's fun to watch Emily run around this area. She always starts off a little slow and shy, watching the other kids, but eventually she starts playing and running around. After playing this time, we went to dinner at a Hibachi grill. Emily found it to be interesting, but I think overall she enjoyed it. She ate her weight in noodles.
Playing at the indoor play area in the mall.
Emily has started playing soccer once a week at daycare. Soccer Shots is an organization that comes to Em's daycare on Wednesday mornings and takes the kids out into a big room and works with them on soccer skills. At her age, they are mostly just working on kicking the ball and stopping the ball. The other day, Emily came home very excited to tell us how Coach Kevin had shown them how to dribble the ball!
My little soccer star! :)
Some days Emily is really on board with this whole "baby brother" thing. She'll give Ryan Andrew hugs and kisses and talk to him. She apparently thinks he makes a good pillow, also. Oh, and you cannot call him "Ryan" or "Baby Ryan;" his name is Ryan Andrew and Emily will correct you if you call him anything else.
Cuddles with Ryan Andrew.
So one thing I love about having a baby (don't worry it's not the only thing, or even the thing I love most), is buying his new clothes! It's kind of nice having baby #2 be a boy, so I get to start almost from scratch. He has a few things of Emily's he can wear, mostly MSU gear, and a few things from his cousin Wesley, which is super great and we're very appreciative, but purchasing this haul for R.A. was like a little high for me. People who know me, know how much I LOVE shopping. Next up is planning his nursery - which is another favorite thing of mine!
Such a well-dressed boy!
Now, to update on the pregnancy! I am now 24 weeks. I haven't checked my weight gain in a while, but I go to the doctor today, so we'll see. I've been running and have started back up in yoga, which I love! I've been feeling pretty good. I'm sleeping OK and having a little more energy, but I still feel tired most days. I guess that's what growing a human, while raising a toddler, working full time, and training for a half marathon will do to you! ;)
23 weeks, before church.
24 weeks, before work/daycare.
That's pretty much all to update from here. We are anxiously awaiting and preparing for our trip to Disney! We leave on Saturday, the 20th, so very soon!! We recently watched Beauty in the Beast to introduce Em to my favorite princess, Belle. She will be getting Snow White for Valentine's Day, so she'll get introduced to her, as well. We're very excited!!






Sleeping Beauty is not in Snow White
ReplyDeleteEEESSHHH. It's been fixed.
DeleteOh, and Micah likes Ariel best. Cinderella has been replaced by Elsa in my book (find me a pin?) and Riley, I believe, still likes Aurora.
ReplyDeleteI don't understand Lindsay's post. Joe DiMaggio is not Ted Williams. (This definitely should set her off.) That said, I love the post, as usual, and especially the photos, or four of the five (clothes don't do that much for me). All great.
ReplyDelete