Monday, June 13, 2016

Family of Four

Ryan Andrew has officially been living on the outside for over 2 weeks. And by living, I mean sleeping, mostly. Here's a quick glimpse into our lives. 

We went for our fist walk as a family of four. Someone enjoys being worn. 

We also went on our first outing as a family of four, to the Carnegie Science Center. I wore RA the whole time, and shockingly, he slept. Again. 

Emily, on the other hand, crushed her father in a race. Paul's not too quick off the blocks it seems. 

Em also sharpened her hockey skills. 

Someone decided to wake up for his first bath. He enjoys it more each time. 

But don't worry, he was sure to fall back asleep. 

Like father, like son, I guess. 

We spend most of our days cuddled up together. Here he's awake, but not for long!

We had our 2-week check-up on Friday. Someone is now weighing in at 9 pounds, 7.5 ounces and measuring 21.25 inches long. So he's up over a pound and a half since birth and he's grown over two inches. The doctor was thoroughly impressed, as she said normally, they just hope babies are back up to their birth weight by 2 weeks. He seems to be taking after his sister, who, even with reflux, never had any problem growing!

His 2nd bath went well; big sister Emily is a fantastic helper. I swear he enjoyed it, even though he looks terrified. 

Sometimes he and I pick up his sister from daycare. Quite a full backseat! (Yes, Emily is still rear facing. And she will be until she outgrows her seat this way!)

Emily likes being close to her baby brother, mostly to check in on him and make sure he's happy. If he's remotely fussy she demands I fix it immediately. She also insists I be gentle with him. It's adorable. 

So that's it. That's our life these days. We're preparing for our move in 2 1/2 weeks. RA will have his next doctor's appointment right before we move. This coming weekend my parents will be in town for the US Open. Otherwise, we're just hanging out, living the dream! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment