This past week our dresser for the nursery finally arrived! Which gave me a place to put some of Baby Girl's stuff that has been piled up on the guest bed until now. The nursery isn't complete, but it's just about done. I still want to add a few touches here and there, but for the most part, it's ready for viewing! So here's a tour of the nursery!
The guest bed and glider.
Baby Girl's new dresser! Where the Boppy pillow is, we'll be putting a changing pad (once we get it). I also plan on adding a few more details here, but haven't gotten around to it just yet!
Another angle looking at the dresser and the guest bed. I'm so happy with how the tree looks over the dresser!
Baby Girl's crib. Two things about the bumper: 1) I know bumpers are dangerous, she won't be sleeping in her crib right away, so this is mainly just for looks. 2) I realize it's on backwards, but I like it better this way. Otherwise it's harder to see all the owls because the crib sides block them.
Another angle of the crib and glider. She better like owls, or else we're totally screwed.
View from the doorway. I realize this picture doesn't show a whole lot, but I was just trying to give people some perspective of where everything is.
Crib, with the owls overlooking.
Baby Girl's closet with her clothes and library. I should say some of her clothes. The dresser is pretty full, as well.
I tried to take some panoramic pictures, to give a better idea of orientation. They make the room look a little funhouse-like, but you get the idea!
So there you have it! That's Baby Girl's nursery as it stands right now. Like I said, I'll be adding some details, but it's pretty much done. I like it because it doesn't look like a cliche nursery. It's also bright and fun. (And hopefully not terrifying for Baby Girl; like seriously, she better like owls...)
Now, here we are, at 29 weeks! I can't believe how fast it's going, although sometimes it does feel like it's dragging on. Anyway, here's this week's belly picture...
Layla wasn't as interested in being a part of the picture this week. Everything's still going well. Just massive hip pain and not sleeping great. Started prenatal yoga and got a massage yesterday, so hoping that helps a bit! Our little girl weighs about 2 1/2 pounds at this point! Or at least that's the average, but after seeing her picture the other week, I think her cheeks might weigh 2 1/2 pounds on their own.
That's it for now! Hope you enjoyed the nursery tour!









I LOVE the colorful owl pictures over the crib! Everything looks so cheerful!! Love you!! Mom
ReplyDeleteLOVE your nursery!
ReplyDeleteThanks Amy! We tried to make it bright and cheerful. Hopefully Baby Girl likes it! :)
DeleteI found you via Wifessionals and your nursery is adorable!!! New follower :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Kaity! I just checked out your blog - looking forward to following!
DeleteI LOVE owls!! And those paintings are so adorable!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! There are so many cute owl things out right now. Keep stumbling across these owl prints at places like Pier 1 and Homegoods!
DeleteAdorable- I am doing our nursery in owls and love what you have done!!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much! We love the owl theme. There are so many cute things out there that aren't traditional nursery, which I think makes it fun!
DeleteThe room is adorable, thanks for linking up. Love the tree above the dresser whoever invented the decals years ago was a genius. Good luck to you when baby is born you don't have long now!
ReplyDeleteThanks! The wall decals are amazing! I'm so appreciative to whoever invented those (and really upset I didn't think of it!).
Delete